Join our Editorial Board
We are expanding our Associate Editor team
Due to the continued growth of Trials, we are now recruiting new Associate Editors to join our international Editorial Board. An Associate Editor is responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
An Associate Editor for Trials is someone who:
- Supports the Aims and Scope of Trials.
- Has extensive training and experience in trial methods.
- Has an interest in research on improving clinical trial design, conduct or reporting.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfil the requirements of the journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer review.
- Is willing to handle a minimum of 2 new manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
- Is committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
All new Associate Editors will receive online training, and our in-house Editorial Office provides ongoing administrative support.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Editor for Trials, please send your academic CV and a short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position to the Journal Development Manager, Jonathan Collin (email@example.com). Please include ‘Trials' in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you.
Annual Journal Metrics
135 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
113 days to first decision for all manuscripts
196 days from submission to acceptance
31 days from acceptance to publication
2.067 - 2-year Impact Factor
2.343 - 5-year Impact Factor
0.819 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
1.291 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
6,653 Altmetric mentions