|Module 1. Pharmaceutical terminology and basic pharmacology||1. Identify the different concepts and terms associated with pharmacology and pharmacotherapy.|
2. Understand the concepts of the processes covered by pharmacokinetics (release, absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion) and pharmacodynamics (action and effect).
3. Know the different types of drug interactions and their implications on the patient.
|Module 2. Pharmaceutical legislation||1. Know the essential and practical concepts of legislation in Colombia.|
2. Differentiate the standards corresponding to pharmaceutical products, establishments, and pharmaceutical services.
3. Identify the different norms that regulate the use of controlled drugs and drugs with fiscalized substances in Colombia.
|Module 3. Technical and administrative management of the pharmacy||1. Recognize the appropriate mechanisms for the selection and purchase of drugs and pharmaceutical products, contributing to the proper management of inventories.|
2. Identify strategies for the reception and storage of drugs and pharmaceutical products under optimal conditions of temperature, humidity, and cleanliness.
3. Know the recommendations for inventory management and management.
|Module 4. Communication and health education from the pharmacy||1. Know the strategies for communication and dissemination of information on medications and health issues, as well as the tools and skills to carry out health education activities to patients.|
2. Identify some of the recommendations for carrying out communication and health education activities for special populations (pediatrics, pregnancy, and the elderly).
|Module 5. Good practices of dispensation and proper utilization of drugs||1. Know the necessary recommendations for the correct practice of dispensation medications.|
2. Relate the proper use of drugs, the aspects involved in said use, and the responsibility of the pharmacy staff.
|Module 6. Pharmacovigilance on the pharmacy||1. Learn the basic knowledge of pharmacovigilance, as well as the strategies for causality analysis of adverse drug effects.|
2. Know the recommendations to implement a pharmacovigilance program from a pharmacy.
|Module 7. Pharmaceutical actuation of some common diseases in the pharmacy (depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, and pain management)||1. Identify recommendations and pharmacotherapeutic strategies for pain management.|
2. Differentiate recommendations and pharmacotherapeutic strategies for the control of depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, and other mental disorders.
3. Recognize the risks associated with improper use and abuse of drugs with fiscalized substances.