|Body weight and composition||TANITA scales BC420MA||Body weight, and bioimpedance for body composition.|
|Height||Stadiometer SECA 123|
|HbA1c||Turbidimetric inhibition immunoassay for haemolysed whole blood in ROCHE COBAS 6000c Module||Measured at a central laboratory.|
|Continuous Glucose Monitoring||iPro2 Professional CGM system (Medtronic MiniMed)||Continuous glucose monitoring system (CGMS) will be used for 7 consecutive days.|
|Quality of Life||
1. EQ-5D-5 L|
1. EQ-5D-5 L comprises of five dimensions: mobility, self-care, usual activities, pain/discomfort and anxiety/depression. Each dimension has five levels: no problems, slight problems, moderate problems, severe problems and extreme problems.|
2. Impact of Weight on Quality Of Life-Lite (IWQOL-Lite) is a validated 31-item, self-report measure of obesity-specific quality of life. In addition to a total score, there are scores on five domains: physical function; self-esteem; sexual life; public distress; work.
|Mental Health||HADS||The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) comprises 14 items, 7 for anxiety, and 7 for depression. The scale yields individual anxiety and depression scores as well as an overall HADS score.|
3. ActiGraph GT3X
1. The International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) comprises of seven questions recalling the previous week’s physical activity falling into four different physical activity domains: leisure-time activities, domestic and gardening activities, work-related activities, and transportation.|
2. The Sedentary Behaviour Questionnaire (SIT-Q-7d) is a self-report recall measure of sedentariness over the last seven days. It assesses total daily sedentary time as an aggregate of sitting/lying down in five domains (meals, transportation, occupation, non-occupational screen time, and other sedentary time).
3. The ActiGraph GT3X is a wrist-worn activity monitor that uses triaxial accelerometry to collect physical activity and sleep data. Accerometry will be carried out over 7 consecutive days.
|Energy Expenditure||Indirect calorimetry (Cosmed Fitmate GS)||Portable desktop indirect calorimeter for measurement of Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)|
|Liver transient elastography||EchoSens Fibroscan 502 Touch||Non-invasive elastography device which gives 50 Hz shear wave speed measurements and estimates of liver stiffness as well as 3.5 MHz ultrasound coefficient of attenuation.|