1. You can prevent complications: Most conditions leading to maternal and newborn deaths can be avoided by simple actions. The BetterBirth Checklist Program will help you overcome the challenges of providing consistently safe care during childbirth.|
2. Pause for 4 Pause Points during childbirth care: There are 4 Pause Points during childbirth when it is important for you to be sure that the woman and baby are safe.
3. Perform Essential Actions at each Pause Points: At each Pause Point, you must complete a set of Essential Actions.
4. Prepare for routine care and possible crisis situations: Preparing for each Essential Action will help prevent crisis situations. Preparation occurs in advance.
5. Empower women and their companions: Women and their companions can help you to keep the woman and baby safe.